The closing date for applications will be Friday 18th March 2022.
Awards to students, undergraduate or graduate of either gender are made on the basis of sporting attainment and financial need. Applications should address the following criteria, which are those that the Trustees will use to judge suitability for an award:
- Applicants should normally be resident members of, and competing for, the University.
- Eligible sports should normally be those for which Cambridge Blues or Half-blues are awarded.
- Actual level of sporting attainment should be demonstrated by achievement for the University and beyond (for 2021/22, potential may be taken into account).
- Financial need must be adequately established, but levels of cost should also be taken into account.
- Excellence in academic or in other extra-curricular areas should weigh in favour of applications.
- Neither gender nor a wish to spread between sports should influence awards.
- Applications must be supported by Tutor and Senior Treasurer/Member able to comment on the applicant’s financial circumstances. The most weight is given to those applications that are supported by the applicant’s Tutor.
Application forms may be supported by a separate single sheet cover letter expressing in no more than 400 words why you believe that you are suitable for an Award.
Completed applications for 2021/22 must be submitted, no later than Friday 18th March 2022, to:
The Hawks’ Charitable Trust
Administrator Hawks’ Club 18 Portugal Place Cambridge CB5 8AF
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org