Applications for an Award in 2019/20 may now be submitted.
Forms to be used to support applications can be downloaded here (Microsoft Word format) Application for Award 2020.doc , or here (.pdf format) Application for Award 2020.pdf. Forms are also available from email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 14th February 2020.
Awards to students, undergraduate or graduate of either gender are made on the basis of potential or established sporting excellence and financial need. Applications should address the following criteria, which are those that the Trustees will use to judge suitability for an award:
- Applications must be supported by an appropriate senior member of the University able to comment on the applicant’s financial circumstances. The most weight is given to those applications that are supported by the applicant’s tutor.
- Applicants should normally be resident members of, and competing for, the University.
- Eligible sports should normally be those for which Cambridge Blues or Half-blues are awarded.
- Financial need must be adequately established, but levels of cost should also be taken into account.
- Excellence in academic or in other extra-curricular areas should weigh in favour of applications.
- If need is equal, actual or potential sporting excellence demonstrated by achievement should be decisive.
- Neither gender nor a wish to spread between sports should influence awards.
Application forms may be supported by a separate single sheet expressing in no more than 400 words why you believe that you are suitable for an Award.
Completed applications for 2018/19 must be submitted, no later than Friday 14th February 2020, to:
The Hawks’ Charitable Trust
18 Portugal Place
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org