Members of the Hawks’ Club, both residents (i.e. currently in statu pupillari) and alumni, are entitled to full access to the Clubhouse, located on Portugal Place in Central Cambridge, for themselves and their guests during opening hours. The Clubhouse affords a comfortable and homely space for members to sit, relax and converse. There is a bar and dining area, and the kitchen provides good value, hearty food (at discounted prices for members) during term time. There is also a large private dining room that members are entitled to book for private functions, which are catered for in-house at heavily subsidised prices.
Further benefits our members are entitled to include:
- Discounted food and drink at the Clubhouse
- Ability to book the dining room, the James H Van Alen room (ground floor members’ lounge), or the Alan Burrough room (2nd-floor Committee room), for private functions or meetings
- Access to exclusive Hawks’ Club Gold and Maroon merchandise, a selection of which can be found here
- Discounted tickets and priority queue at Wednesday Cindies and Sunday Life, in association with the Ospreys and CURUFC
- Priority access, at a discounted price, to tickets for the Hawks’ Event and the winter charity ball with the Ospreys
- Member and guest tickets for the celebrated termly House Parties at the Clubhouse (residents only)
- Tickets to the annual London Dinner at the Savoy (greatly discounted for resident members), the Welsh Dinner at the Cardiff and County Club, the Hawks’ and Ospreys Boat Race Party at Craven Cottage, as well as many other smaller exclusive events throughout the year
- Exclusive networking and recruitment events – employers view sportsmen (especially Hawks!) as highly desirable
- Access to many reciprocal clubs throughout the world including:
- The Oxford & Cambridge Club, London
- The National Liberal Club, London
- Vincents’ Club, Oxford
- And many more (see here for a full list of reciprocal clubs)
Once elected, membership is for life, and we are always delighted to see members from all generations at our Clubhouse.